|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Coalition of Imperialists
|Leader||Emperor Steve I|
The Imperial State of The Wiganese Islands is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Steve I with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.163 billion Wiganese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wiganium. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wiganese economy, worth 458 trillion Wiganese pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,139 Wiganese pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Companies are turning to trained Sparrowhawks for their most menial jobs, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Wiganese as 'your finger, you fool', and the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Wiganese Islands's national animal is the Sparrowhawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Wiganese Islands's influence in Coalition of Imperialists fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : The Wiganese Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : The Wiganese Islands's influence in Coalition of Imperialists fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : The Wiganese Islands's influence in Coalition of Imperialists rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : The Wiganese Islands's influence in Coalition of Imperialists fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : The Wiganese Islands changed its national currency to "Wiganese pound".
- : The Wiganese Islands published "what" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : The Wiganese Islands's influence in Coalition of Imperialists rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Wiganese Islands relocated from England to Coalition of Imperialists.
- : The Wiganese Islands founded the region Coalition of Imperialists.
Endorsements Received: None.