“Strength Through Compliance”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Power
|Animal||Wedge Tail Eagle|
The Empire of Toowoon is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 387 million Toowoonians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Mombassa. The average income tax rate is 42.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Toowoonian economy, worth 18.0 trillion Toowoonian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Woodchip Exports, Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 46,417 Toowoonian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, Toowoon has designated New Mombassa as its capital city, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming, and crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toowoon's national animal is the Wedge Tail Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming.
- : Toowoon changed its national capital to "New Mombassa".
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, Toowoon has designated New Mombassa as its capital city.
- : Toowoon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Astronomical Data Repository".
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Toowoon as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Toowoon, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Dominiceus.