“He who allows oppression shares the crime.”
Regional Influence: Squire
The Free State of Topid is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Alex Corvis with an even hand, and notable for its enslaved workforce, unlimited-speed roads, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 25.033 billion Topes enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crow City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Topian economy, worth a remarkable 7,167 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 286,320 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,172,747 per year while the poor average 46,216, a ratio of 25.4 to 1.
Amusement park rides frequently collapse due to lack of maintenance, foreign leaders who don't applaud Alex Corvis's speeches are regarded as enemies of Topid, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, and workers have their fruitcake and eat it too. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Topid's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Heartagrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topid's influence in Bahamas rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Topid's influence in Bahamas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Topid's influence in Bahamas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Topid's influence in Bahamas rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Topid relocated from St Abbaddon to Bahamas.
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.