“Veni, inquit, Torrentianus conservis.”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Federation of Torrenti is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 407 million Torrentians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, although Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The very strong Torrentian economy, worth 28.9 trillion Lapoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 71,119 Lapoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 205,082 per year while the poor average 19,578, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
The prevalence of circular logic frequently renders parliamentary observers dizzy, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, fat-shaming is now public policy, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Torrenti's national animal is the Griffon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torrenti was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Torrenti was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, the prevalence of circular logic frequently renders parliamentary observers dizzy.
- : Following new legislation in Torrenti, the new airport at Mr. Giles' farm is panicking his sheep.
- : Torrenti was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Torrenti was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Torrenti was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Higash.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Quiescent, Saciu, Aumeltopia, Hanguk-Nippon, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Barabarom, Agalaesia, Wehraboos, Upper Tyrconnel, Vincent Field, Farengeto, Jehenna, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Xandev, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Ariankido, State of Iowa, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Filippinas, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Tsvetania, Abarri, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Anachronolandia, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Higash, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, and Phanama.