“Are we dead, yet?”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Capital||Vergate sul Membro|
The Matriarchy of Tragedyland is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.745 billion Tragedylandians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vergate sul Membro. The average income tax rate is 38.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Tragedylandian economy, worth 49.3 trillion soldinoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 28,257 soldinoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Babies are a small but significant export, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, and the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tragedyland's national animal is the tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Myness.
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Psychological Care.
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Mighty Building Material of Concrete Slab.
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Midaic Republic of Midand.
- : Tragedyland's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tragedyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Tragedyland, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?".
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Drunken Irish Nation of Drugged Monkeys.
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Cantankerous Curmudgeon of Belschaft.
- : Tragedyland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ovkianos.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Wehraboos, Amerion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Erinor, Barabarom, Farengeto, Mapico, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, Imperial Duck, Aurcania, Tsvetania, Sedunn, Phanama, Qawe, Bear Connors Paradiso, Qvait, Tilipria, Astraee, Hanguk-Nippon, Jaxon, Aidenfieeld, Cohors Stercore, Madreia, Bleakfoot, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, New Briantown, Nueva Alta California, PenguinPies, Luddinlande, Curlyhoward, Darakin, Isles of Creckero, Kringalia, Bawkie, Techganet, Tepertopia, Terran Draconia, Rabbitz, Tarnik, The Filippinas, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Roterdamia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, and 33 others.Eskvenn, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Holy Free, Eggraria, Merevane, Marinho Islands, Starsight, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Shefino, NganXuan, Yeldarbsland, Auphelia, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Kandorith, Melicorium, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, Nouvel-Indre, Corgitopiaa, ChickenDome, Well F, Rhetiaa, United States of Vietnam, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Belschaft, Drugged Monkeys, Midand, Concrete Slab, and Myness.