“No Tree Grows Forever”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: 10000 Islands
|Leader||Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson|
The Federal Democratic Republic of Treeford is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, lack of airports, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.248 billion Treefordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Treefordapolis. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Treefordian economy, worth a remarkable 1,239 trillion Maples a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 171,034 Maples, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Treeford's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Treefordapolis Times is sold out, and cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Treeford's national animal is the Wild Turkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Treeford was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Treeford was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Treeford endorsed The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park.
- : Treeford was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Treefordapolis Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Wysrod, Dustwind, Evertopia, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Namakan, Vivolkha, Maconshinbernititte, Anollasia, Free Land of Rebellium, Krystalveil, Holma, Tausend Seen, Killettland, Mauryana, Grimmywelsh, Faradova, Yakkandiania, Katitania, Macrasetia, Coldian, Breosia, The Galactic American Imperium, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Hashari Darussalam, Solsevara, Fractethyst, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Rog Mily, Jaegerpondonia, Phello, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Selinoz, Striagro Uspil, Syedians, Reformed Imperis, Samonaemia, Boroii, and Iron Soviet.