“RIP” the Governor
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Queen's State of Trillium Liberty is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 20.225 billion Libertarians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business, well-organized individuals prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Income tax is unheard of.
The thriving Trillium Libertyian economy, worth 883 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 43,672 betales, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 183,752 per year while the poor average 6,735, a ratio of 27.3 to 1.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, Trillium Liberty has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, none has been named as Trillium Liberty's national religion, and the Governor has just been declared ruler of Trillium Liberty in an international press conference. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Trillium Liberty's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Trillium Liberty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Trillium Liberty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Trillium Liberty's influence in Toronto rose from "Minnow" to "Negotiator".
- : Trillium Liberty relocated from Balder to Toronto.
- : Trillium Liberty was refounded in Balder.
- : Trillium Liberty ceased to exist in Toronto.
- : Trillium Liberty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Trillium Liberty's influence in Toronto rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Trillium Liberty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Trillium Liberty's influence in Toronto rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".