“We'll see on the day”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
Location: The North Pacific
The Dominion of Trosdact is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 133 million Trosdactlanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Trosdactish economy, worth 884 billion Debacles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 6,650 Debacles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, glamping Trosdactlanders won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trosdact's national animal is the Teddy Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Trosdact resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Trosdact, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Trosdact, glamping Trosdactlanders won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Trosdact endorsed The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.
- : Trosdact was endorsed by The Republic of Wilkshire.
- : Trosdact's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Trosdact was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Lomjia.
- : Trosdact was endorsed by The Republic of Elder Realms.
- : Trosdact was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Torakuen.
- : Trosdact was endorsed by The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.