“Well you see what had happened was....” Jaren Crist
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Humble Nation of True Prosperity is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Jaren Crist with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 14.33 billion Comarades enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pretentious Centre. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The frighteningly efficient True Prosperitan economy, worth a remarkable 1,622 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,258 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, and the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. True Prosperity's national animal is the Black Jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : True Prosperity was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : True Prosperity's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : True Prosperity was refounded in Lazarus.
- : True Prosperity ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : True Prosperity was endorsed by The Transoceanic Republic of Aguaria Major.
- : True Prosperity was endorsed by The Free Land of Barseregia.
- : True Prosperity was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : True Prosperity was endorsed by The Monster Lazarene of Domais.
- : True Prosperity was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : True Prosperity was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.