“All great ideas fail because of the people.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||President Anola Tula|
The Republic of Tscharva is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Anola Tula with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, parental licensing program, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.858 billion Tscharvians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Denona. The average income tax rate is 69.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Tscharvan economy, worth 100 trillion Loevs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,074 Loevs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, and the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tscharva's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Zauxonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority.
- : Tscharva was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Tscharva voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition.
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.
- : Following new legislation in Tscharva, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Tscharva endorsed The Kiwi Bird Forest of Ordealius.
- : Tscharva voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Ransium, Lura, Atsvea, Feladria, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Middle Barael, Turbeaux, Effazio, Canaltia, Kawastyselir, Ownzone, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Novian Republics, The Black Forrest, Pen Blanityion, Hyon Delta, Anachronolandia, Deontologia, Ordand, Cat-Herders United, Blon Gre, Caterasia, Litauengrad, Hoochlandia, Terrabod, Ironic Remarks, East Stederland, Artemis, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Kannap, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Uan aa Boa, Foir, Lugnan, Candlewhisper Archive, The Fabulous Islands, Reannia, Alcantaria, and Ordealius.