“Stand strong, live long”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Republic of Tulcan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Xavier Plum with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.029 billion Tulcanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tulcan. The average income tax rate is 19.1%.
The very strong Tulcanian economy, worth 180 trillion Tems a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 88,931 Tems, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground, and the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tulcan's national animal is the Liger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tulcan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tulcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Tulcan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tulcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Tulcan, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Tulcan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Tulcan ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Tulcan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tulcan's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tulcan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Disposable Incomes.