|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||His Majesty The King Timulon III of Cape|
The United Kingdom of Tumolia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by His Majesty The King Timulon III of Cape with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 837 million Tumolians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Welfare, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kathelio. The average income tax rate is 60.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Tumolian economy, worth 31.6 trillion Tumots a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,795 Tumots, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth, days begin with afternoon tea, and Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tumolia's national animal is the Vervet monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tumolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Tumolia, Bigtopian interference in domestic elections is always democratically sanctioned.
- : Tumolia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Tumolia, days begin with afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in Tumolia, an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Tumolia, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Following new legislation in Tumolia, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant.
- : Tumolia changed its national leader to "His Majesty The King Timulon III of Cape".
- : Tumolia lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- : Tumolia published "Official opening of the New Parliament by His Majesty the King Timulon III" (Bulletin: News).