“I'm a humanist; I'd rather kill a man than a snake.” Ed Abbey's head
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
|Leader||Ed Abbey's head|
The Plant-based Robo Sapiens of Turbeaux is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ed Abbey's head with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, keen interest in outer space, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 4.432 billion Robo Sapiens hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nacelle. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Turbeauxer economy, worth a remarkable 1,353 trillion turbines a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 305,326 turbines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brown Sugar 101 is a popular course at community colleges, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Turbeaux after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, posters on 'Turbeauxer Values' advise against being proud of Turbeaux, and the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Turbeaux's national animal is the tribble, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Machine Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turbeaux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Turbeaux was endorsed by The Fresh Breath of Eir.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, posters on 'Turbeauxer Values' advise against being proud of Turbeaux.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Turbeaux after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, Brown Sugar 101 is a popular course at community colleges.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- : Turbeaux endorsed The Fresh Breath of Eir.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, doctors spend more time writing sick notes than caring for the sick.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ownzone, Mountain Ash Forests, Candlewhisper Archive, Tauride, Feladria, Kawastyselir, Cannibaland, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Cypher Nine, Reannia, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, Ziotah and Riverside, Frieden-und Freudenland, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Fahx, Elundris, Entitize, Taco Respublic, Boar Stacks, The Void Territories, Ruinenlust, Forgotten Beauty, Meropis, Love and Nature, Kinganaryasia, Sacara, Wantevolo, The British Antarctic Expedition, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Rorston, Cat-Herders United, Prydaein, Shimerta, Bilsa, Edible Plywood, Banandonia, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Raccoon Creek, The Black Horns, Oryx the Mad God, and 29 others.Eaven, Western Continental Divide, Paplia, Coranova, Hyon Delta, Groenwald, Kaiseland, Mahrenbach, Rutie, Mai Taneth, Speal Dhorrn, Plifte, Kuch, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, Khazuul, Esnua, New Ladavia, Prin Halland, Zultacke, Kilkerneys Landing, Randy Newman, The Righteous Order of Youth, Bananaistan, Bagiona, Deontologia, Animmalia, Cosona, and Eir.