“The eternal state”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Exalted State of Turkish-Ottoman is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mehmed II with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.756 billion Turkish-Ottomanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 59.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Turkish-Ottomanian economy, worth 640 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 134,586 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Much of Turkish-Ottoman's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turkish-Ottoman's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secular state.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turkish-Ottoman endorsed The Empire of Yocat.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, much of Turkish-Ottoman's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Turkish-Ottoman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Turkish-Ottoman was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Americastrailia, Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Aigania, Loftegen 2, Lazarene Ryccia, Nargorthia, Marcellinople, Aleckandor, Courlany, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Your Imaginary Friend, Rommanda, Darkium, Wintermoot III, Praenestia, The Celestial Lands, Bobs raider puppet, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Perchan, Wishper, The Copper States, Varotium, Aguaria Major, Astalen, Russiane, Meat Sandwich, Middle Ketalia, Xracona, Zadaria, Denado, Ergtrini, Altmar, Hycronesia, Auralon, Egyptos, The Daedric Lords, Red-Black Scar, Pioneer Pool, Kan Po, Sombrassino, Leton, Zapatian Workers State, Dhan, Ecchi Unlimited, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kakatiya, Fissure Town, Makdon, Roridat, and 3 others.Lingord, Shangri-La Valley, and East Wake Island.