“If it bleeds, we can kill it.” Takeshi Kovacs
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: New Western Empire
The Free Land of Tyranogorgon is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Takeshi Kovacs with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.491 billion Tyranogorgonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valyrian. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Tyranogorgonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,577 trillion Gold Dragons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 344,013 Gold Dragons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience, and politicians spend a lot of time hanging around kids' playgrounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Tyranogorgon's national animal is the Komodo Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, politicians spend a lot of time hanging around kids' playgrounds.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, most foreigners can't name the leader of Tyranogorgon.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Gold Dragons of property damage.
- : Tyranogorgon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Tyranogorgon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Josephtan, Angea, Ormantum, Gorzi, Runegeist, Aestorn, Salanernterthwazva, Reatilber Soclistice, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Zelkia, The United Empire States, Venkara, Yuthorin, Spiceamia, Rupp, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Charcoaltropolis, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Bennisia, Marinne, Of NUGE, Turkmennoland, Metania-Sol, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Fliesa, Vivandera, Silvaterrana, Ardedezarist, Fredonion, Bawnnmore, Carter Land, Heisenbee, Pontusia, ZOO288, American Kingships, Coloniesia, Concol, Ierna, Jatma, Eitteri, Corsoaua, Siokania, Absentius, and 14 others.Dasnar, HK416, Elmgard, Nnorden, HELLLLL, Zeckiya, Davnar, Wad Thelan Sysky 1, The Evile Empire, Ascendancy of Heria, Mazamason, Equinoctial States, United Kingdom of the Universe, and Olho.