“The second best time to plant a tree is today”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
The Second Green Republic of Uan aa Boa is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Interface with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 7.204 billion Boanis are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The tiny, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aa. The average income tax rate is 18.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Boani economy, worth a remarkable 1,292 trillion jade hearts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 179,417 jade hearts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, military funding has been stripped back, nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked, and earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Uan aa Boa's national animal is the solidarity bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uan aa Boa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Uan aa Boa lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Uan aa Boa endorsed The Black Stratum of The Cypher Nine.
- : Uan aa Boa was endorsed by The Black Stratum of The Cypher Nine.
- : Following new legislation in Uan aa Boa, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Uan aa Boa lodged a message on the Philosophy 115 Regional Message Board.
- : Uan aa Boa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Uan aa Boa, nobody ever questions the unquestioned rule that questions must always be asked.
- : Following new legislation in Uan aa Boa, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Uan aa Boa, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.