“Scallops for all”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Capital||- oh thats right - they don't have one|
The Dominion of Under Sea Desert is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Pectinidae Magnus with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.365 billion Under Sea Desertians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of - oh thats right - they don't have one. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Under Sea Desertian economy, worth 354 trillion Bronze Scallops a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,954 Bronze Scallops, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, political hopefuls must announce their intentions decades in advance to accommodate extensive background checks, ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas, and 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Under Sea Desert's national animal is the Scallop, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is anybody's guess.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Under Sea Desert was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Under Sea Desert was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas.
- : Under Sea Desert endorsed The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Under Sea Desert was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, political hopefuls must announce their intentions decades in advance to accommodate extensive background checks.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Under Sea Desert, political candidates who don't release their birth certificates are presumed to have been born in Maxtopia.
- : Under Sea Desert was endorsed by The TEP Citizen of A Slanted Black Stripe.
Endorsements Received: 100 » H-Zhena, Am Echad, VW53Aland, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Wiranath, Brotherland, The Solar Ottomans, Sanah, Kangarawa, Goodnamesarerare, The Romanum Legio, Eagas, Dragonia, Libertanny, Squid Ruinosa, Elejamie, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Kaigi, Grossvietnam, Propwash, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Adavan, Slys Paws, Pakitsk, Kriov, Talitoa, Matdor, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, The Almighty Country, Wizardonia, Lyontisia, Unger under over, Headpat Central, Dragons Blood, Someseni, La xinga, FreedomIand, Servants of Gizmo, Evrigenis, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, St Guilders Gate, Stumptopia, Ridann, and 50 others.Yelkinam, Zukchiva, The Empire of Rijelv, Bai Lung, ArenaC, Asendavia, Ad Honorem Dei, Calbee, The Militarius Imperium, Slonful, Socialist Holy American Empire, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Azureano, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Acronis, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Mays Austrian Nation, The Eternal Land of Jong, Raunch, Woodsind, Jakubonia, Aurza, Technocratic Tagalog, Jyzeria, Tseriesiscoming, Harro Waarudho, Cameronia Excellentia, Roliganistan, Oofery, Kelsyth, SecularNorth, A mean old man, Flench, Firenation91, Coruh, Khvetsch, Filipopol, Philville2, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, A Slanted Black Stripe, Nevertopia, and Santa Dystopia.