“Let's get this bread” Bread Mann
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Holy Empire of Under Upper Antartica is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bread Mann with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, ritual sacrifices, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.059 billion Under Upper Antarticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Breadtown. The average income tax rate is 57.2%.
The thriving Under Upper Antartican economy, worth 196 trillion People a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 95,273 People, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The diplomatic corps stinks, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas, the country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment, and citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Under Upper Antartica's national animal is the Narwhale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Toast.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Under Upper Antartica endorsed The Queendom of Matdor.
- : Under Upper Antartica endorsed The Holy Red Lucky Pacifican of Ballpit2.
- : Under Upper Antartica endorsed The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, the country is governed by a clique of political insiders known colloquially as The Establishment.
- : Under Upper Antartica was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, the diplomatic corps stinks.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, the letters L, G, and B must never be grouped together.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Roissyland, The Happian Union, H-Zhena, Fedele, Ridann, Marrico, The Romanum Legio, Wiranath, Brotherland, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, VW53Aland, Axdel, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kaigi, Federated States of Zootron, Trimmania, Goodnamesarerare, Airrajul, A Slanted Black Stripe, Libertanny, Escade, Liberstankonia, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Commodore Badger, Talitoa, The Holy Utopian Republic, Encurage, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Eagas, Johnny Appleseed1, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Valdwall, Matdor, Ballpit2, Brethren, and Ramaeus.