“Lamp of the East”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Federation of Union of the Oriental States is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 527 million Orientals are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanul. The average income tax rate is 51.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Oriental economy, worth 54.6 trillion Hwans a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,581 Hwans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo, a new "thought police" branch is being developed, and the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Union of the Oriental States's national animal is the Humpback whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, the nation has always been at war with Bigtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, a new "thought police" branch is being developed.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament.
- : Union of the Oriental States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Union of the Oriental States endorsed The United Kingdom of Idumetala.
- : Union of the Oriental States endorsed The Republic of Huks Gares.
- : Union of the Oriental States endorsed The Republic of Parmovand.
- : Union of the Oriental States was endorsed by The Empire of Ice and Tinian.
Endorsements Received: 129 » Runeda, Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Corfad, Sinelona, Territorio di Nessuno, Alunya, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Loutsland, Black Templares, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Xzavia-Hjar, Sundred, Sunto, Guer Aike, Selfgradatude, Daiz, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Newpromisedland, Dreadton, Pallaith, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Napnomadia, Test for a new hope, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Valhalla123, Sockmanland, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Federation Terra Australis, Wilkshire, Ethnon, Kwaj, Bearical, Zumlandia, Sil Dorsett, New Bremerton, Great Javadwipa, Spartoptia, Holy Oranz, Trillius, Pleroma Sans Romans, 1 very fast endotarter, PlanetPunk, Siwale, and 79 others.Elder Realms, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Moisus, Cuyan, Dramanian, Warcaa, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Torakuen, Leibeland, Gilakistan, Abject Ludicrosity, Shadowrik, New Octicarg, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Glurponia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Juggernautilus, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Ostrolia, Racoda, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, Amauri, Moubarakistan, Breduria, Free Culture, Altamonte, Xentherida, Angshire, Miruma, New Lakemba, Kranostav, Penrith, The Iron Lions, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Loli County, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, Orado, Union of Austria-Hungary, Unimaginable Doom, Empy, Montarc, Neworva, Illonius, Phoeba, Boudoras, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Humptalumpta, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, The Reorganized Arctic Territories, The O C, Viridiann, Afcon, Jefffliu, Zyvetskistaahn, Eravonia, The Teddy, Idumetala, Huks Gares, Parmovand, and Ice and Tinian.