“Lamp of the East”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Leader||President Han Gyeol|
The Federation of Union of the Oriental States is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Han Gyeol with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed population of 2.298 billion Orientals have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanul. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oriental economy, worth 268 trillion Hwans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 116,788 Hwans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Union of the Oriental States. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Union of the Oriental States's national animal is the White Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Neo-Confucianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Union of the Oriental States was endorsed by The Holy of Abonland.
- : Union of the Oriental States was endorsed by The Incorporated States of United Learia.
- : Union of the Oriental States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Union of the Oriental States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, Max Barry is this year's Miss Union of the Oriental States.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Union of the Oriental States, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Union of the Oriental States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: 200 » Runeda, Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Corfad, Territorio di Nessuno, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Loutsland, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, Sunto, Guer Aike, Selfgradatude, Daiz, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Newpromisedland, Dreadton, Pallaith, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Napnomadia, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Valhalla123, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wilkshire, Ethnon, Kwaj, Bearical, Zumlandia, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Trillius, Pleroma Sans Romans, 1 very fast endotarter, PlanetPunk, Siwale, Kasazzastan, McMasterdonia, Gilakistan, Abject Ludicrosity, Shadowrik, New Octicarg, Steampunk Ariel, Glurponia, Frances Francis the First of France, The Stratosphere Islands, and 150 others.Maott, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Gnomewatchers, Moubarakistan, Free Culture, Xentherida, New Lakemba, Kranostav, The Iron Lions, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Pazair, Orado, Unimaginable Doom, Empy, Montarc, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Humptalumpta, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, The O C, Viridiann, Zyvetskistaahn, The Teddy, Ice and Tinian, Interdimensional Zone, United States of Medford, Ravendi, Valentine Z, Praeceps, Volstokn, Cobleck Weleis, Tachycardia, Fendlium, Hamerica, Loli County, Merconitonitopia, Noahs Second Country, Universal State Formula, Avemterra, Xagill, The New Communist Republic Of States, MiaryBhalzhack, Herzliyya, The Endless Eventide, Votak Matim, United Asgardian States, SherpDaWerp in TNP, Ihese, Malta Comino Gozo, Yokciq Empire, Crader, Diodone, Plangainer, SORT, Nisastria, Antiyard, Prevaland, Varola, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Nistriabar, The Windmilluminati, Unshleepd, Aeolist, Woodsend, Hyphen, Kobagia, Schnuftelland, The Pantheons, Korovan Isles, The Most Freedom Ever, Zeternia, Astronomical, Westinor, Fauzjhia, The Serdey Islands, Mesopotama, Greater Pittsburgh, Frostcell, Serendipita Martia, Sikol, Saperisole, Zzozona, Former English Colony, Prydania, I Like Killing people, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Kocherian, Asoc lon, The Calabash Protectorate, Seanat, Libertania Democratica, Brucklania, Arichia, Stone Ira, Highton Islands, New Jamgra, Wolvenland, Madjack, Northern Glory, State of Rand, Termathe, Xyrron, Neu-Galicia, Pokemanland, Maynilan, Ihsan, Xipher, Simone Republic, Kragsgale, Amerian States, Astal Aavors, Innocentic, Illusia and Neverendia, Ultra777, Andexia, Buckhem, New Spina Nitedold, Alfafar, Principia Mathematica, Eurochina, U S Eh, Eschatosia, Therizia, R libanon, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Heilhum Imperius, Nouvelle-Floride, Eywaan, Outer Shenendoah, Triado, Lulubellia, Glanst, Elvoreto, Unsophisticate, Comfed, Hardscrabble, Amprak, The Kingdom Of Wagies, Chips and Guac, Navsland, Rozarus, United Learia, and Abonland.