|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Constitutional Republic of United Macedon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed population of 1.62 billion Macedons are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ygdrasill. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Macedonian economy, worth 145 trillion Macedonian goldieses a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 90,006 Macedonian goldieses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Macedon's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Macedon's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : United Macedon's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : United Macedon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : United Macedon was endorsed by The Kingdom of North East Somerset.
- : United Macedon's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : United Macedon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : United Macedon was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : United Macedon's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : United Macedon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : United Macedon was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » North East Somerset.