“Persistentes in sempiternum” Moskaurst Federative Congress
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
|Leader||Moskaurst Federative Congress|
The People's Republic of United States of Republic USR 21 is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Moskaurst Federative Congress with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, digital currency, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.489 billion Sovets enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moskau. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soviet economy, worth a remarkable 1,262 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 168,602 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, and a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows. Crime is totally unknown. United States of Republic USR 21's national animal is the Karl Marx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United States of Republic USR 21's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : United States of Republic USR 21's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : United States of Republic USR 21 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 5% for Most Inclusive, Most Developed, Highest Average Incomes, and Most Efficient Economies.
- : United States of Republic USR 21 was refounded in Lazarus.
- : United States of Republic USR 21 ceased to exist in Balder.
- : United States of Republic USR 21 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : United States of Republic USR 21 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : United States of Republic USR 21 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : United States of Republic USR 21's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : United States of Republic USR 21 resigned from the World Assembly.