“A Mari Usque ad Maria | From the Sea to the Other Seas” Prime Minister Robert Bowman
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Greater Middle East
|Leader||Prime Minister Robert Bowman|
|Currency||Canadian Pound Sterling|
The Provincial Confederation of Upper Canadas is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Robert Bowman with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.964 billion Canadians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Welfare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The very strong Canadian economy, worth 187 trillion Canadian Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 63,219 Canadian Pound Sterlings, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Upper Canadas's national animal is the Caribou and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Upper Canadas's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Upper Canadas's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Upper Canadas lodged a message on the Greater Middle East Regional Message Board.
- : Upper Canadas's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Upper Canadas's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Upper Canadas relocated from Lazarus to Greater Middle East.
- : Upper Canadas changed its national leader to "Prime Minister Robert Bowman".
- : Upper Canadas altered its national flag.
- : Upper Canadas was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Upper Canadas ceased to exist in Lazarus.