“Pro Pelle Cutem” Queen Elizabeth III
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
|Leader||Queen Elizabeth III|
The United Kingdom of Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Elizabeth III with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.651 billion Ontarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Elizabeth. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Upper Ontario and Hudson Bayian economy, worth 761 trillion Ontarian Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 163,796 Ontarian Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 549,732 per year while the poor average 36,218, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and the children of Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ontyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay lodged a message on the Enadia Regional Message Board.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay published "The Most Serene Republic of Venice - Overview" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay published "The United States of Ontario - Overview" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay endorsed The Holy Empire of King Denver.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay was endorsed by The Holy Empire of King Denver.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay was endorsed by The People's Republic of Illiricium.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay was endorsed by The Holy Dolorian Imperium of The Traditional States.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay endorsed The Commonwealth of South Bengal.
- : Upper Ontario and Hudson Bay was endorsed by The Commonwealth of South Bengal.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Aexodius, OrangeMain, Angry Bee Land, Lincoln-Grantham and Waddington, Royaume de Valois France, Lazy valley, The Federal Government of Iowa, United Republic Empire, Timitina, Laudistan, The United Australian States, Lanurstia, Contracorriente, Xvlaticolia, Gerkal, Citrene, Thudor, The Ghost Dragons, Yatagasia, Aerzhots, Alcantaria, Elvid, Zelcho, Aryus Millitary Junta, Arc Republica, Denmurk, North Eastern Cheshire, Roma Sparta, Great Republic of Quebec, Bewhua, Avalith, Bulllgaria, Fischton, Tirmon, South Bengal, The Traditional States, Illiricium, and King Denver.