“if you suffer, you have succeded”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Page
The People's Republic of Ureen is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 428 million Uree┼ís are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seńse. The average income tax rate is 57.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ureen economy, worth 15.5 trillion Ureen Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,328 Ureen Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers, prison officers are bribed not to take bribes, it is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Ureen to be bombproof. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ureen's national animal is the European starling, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ureen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ureen's influence in Geopolity rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ureen changed its national demonym plural to "Uree┼ís".
- : Ureen lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- : Ureen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Ureen, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Ureen to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Ureen, it is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt.
- : Following new legislation in Ureen, prison officers are bribed not to take bribes.
- : Following new legislation in Ureen, cheap textbooks have replaced coasters at college ragers.
- : Following new legislation in Ureen, a tax exemption has created a new hunger for octogenarian millionaires dating women 60 years their younger.