“Progress Through Unity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The East Pacific
The Queendom of Uspria is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 323 million Usprians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shesa. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Usprian economy, worth 22.7 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,236 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uspria's national animal is the Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uspria was endorsed by The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Uspria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration.
- : Uspria was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Shesa to enjoy their national art.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, ten-year-olds are applying for lemonade stand operator licences.
- : Following new legislation in Uspria, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Lerasi, The Death Syndicate, New Leganes, Fedele, Wiranath, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Liberstankonia, Grossvietnam, Newfound Prospero, H-Zhena, Kangarawa, Pakitsk, Brotherland, Roissyland, Davelands, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Talitoa, Funkadelia, Marrabuk, Republic of Berzerkistan, East Malaysia, Chubaka, Hellingrad, Mossy-Oak, Marrico, RovaMittala, Bortalandet, Just Vale 2, Commodore Badger, Wane, La xinga, and Ravendi.