“Pride and Industry” Hurricane
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Currency||Uunited Island dollar|
The Mighty dictatorship of Uunited Islands is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Hurricane with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.54 billion Uunited Islanders are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vodkasha. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Uunited Islandian economy, worth 326 trillion Uunited Island dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 92,316 Uunited Island dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Hurricane's exquisite office door is replaced monthly due to angry petitioners, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class, the nation has been sent to bed early for unspecified naughtiness, and no one is worried about government policies any more. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uunited Islands's national animal is the Patagotitan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Worshipping Hurricane.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Uunited Islands resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Uunited Islands was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Uunited Islands applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and Most Inclusive.
- : Uunited Islands's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and the Top 10% for Most Armed and Most Developed.
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Uunited Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.