“What's already broken cannot break!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Leader||Prince Kharos V|
The Principality of Varotium is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prince Kharos V with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, lack of airports, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.315 billion Varotines are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Varotium. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The very strong Varotine economy, worth a remarkable 1,035 trillion Varacats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 124,523 Varacats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, auditors are gutting every governmental department, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés, and Prince Kharos V's speeches are beloved by insomniacs. Crime is totally unknown. Varotium's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varotium was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Varotium was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Varotium was endorsed by The People's Republic of Zapatian Workers State.
- : Following new legislation in Varotium, Prince Kharos V's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Varotium, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in Varotium, auditors are gutting every governmental department.
- : Following new legislation in Varotium, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Varotium endorsed The Empire of Kakatiya.
- : Varotium was endorsed by The Empire of Kakatiya.
- : Following new legislation in Varotium, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Courlany, Treadwellia, Axixic, Aflana, Margandy, Aigania, Wintermoot III, Bobs raider puppet, The New California Republic, Captain Apollo, Darkium, Aaecilia, Nargorthia, Wilhelmsborough, Pherttsylvania, Halliway, Praenestia, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, New Rogernomics, Killer Kitty, Middle Ketalia, Sireco, Russiane, Common Agreement Nation, Aguaria Major, Tiegenhof, Imkiville, Aleckandor, Hycronesia, Ni Hon, Sophisica, Paline, Americastrailia, Custadia, Leonism, Loftegen 2, Caybow, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Kan Po, The Torrentin, Kung Ture, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, The Rin Mang, Greygard, Derthal, Altmar, Steel Vagabonds, Denado, and 19 others.NewLeaf, Red Party, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Neue Ost Fluch, Makdon, The Illusian Empire, Port Flynt, Turkish-Ottoman, Kakatiya, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, and Shangri-La Valley.