“And nothing of value was lost”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||Supreme Commander Ron Pal|
The People's Republic of Vas Normandy is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Ron Pal with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, ritual sacrifices, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 19.982 billion Vas Normandyians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Krastanza. The average income tax rate is 33.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vas Normandyian economy, worth a remarkable 4,013 trillion Belkas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 200,839 Belkas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign converts are illuminated by both missionaries and helicopter searchlights, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration, male friends are often accompanied by a female relative in order to prove their 'straightness', and third world countries are rich in "I Love Krastanza" t-shirts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Vas Normandy's national animal is the Aigaion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The McKenna.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Vas Normandy was endorsed by The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Vas Normandy was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Black Hawk Raider Refugees.
- : Vas Normandy was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Minskiev.
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Federal Republic of Minskiev.
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Confederacy of Alsakah.
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Vas Normandy endorsed The Oddity of Lansaka.
- : Vas Normandy was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Unibot III, The Pacific Caliphate, Farrakhan, Zavea, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Aggro, Emeseses, Xyloqua, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Aqueira, Florin, Doormat to the Lord, Aandruzognivia, Dead I Jack, Volsar, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Razorback, ThePlace, Zerentopia, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Perfect Sublime Masters, North Comunist Awelanius, Morover, Nation of Urie, Tartessis, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Arinteriswith, Nakena, Lansaka, Alsakah, Agalaesia, Bormiar, Minskiev, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, and A Leaf on the Wind.