“Justice must always question itself”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Page
|Leader||the Grand Duchess|
The Peuples de la Mer of Veaetmar is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Grand Duchess with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.59 billion Veaetmarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holte Upper. The average income tax rate is 29.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Veaetmarian economy, worth 286 trillion dorits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,722 dorits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
In musicals everybody's a little bit racist, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces", films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay, and the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Veaetmar's national animal is the painted lycaon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Veilism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Veaetmar was endorsed by The Semper Thalassia of Nationific.
- : Veaetmar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Veaetmar was endorsed by The Quarantined Queen of Sho.
- : Following new legislation in Veaetmar, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Veaetmar, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
- : Following new legislation in Veaetmar, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces".
- : Following new legislation in Veaetmar, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Veaetmar, being the Grand Duchess has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Veaetmar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Veaetmar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".