“Risen from the ashes of old”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Dark stars
The The Pheonix Empire of Vedan is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Krashgar Guana with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.019 billion Vedanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kraglorn. The average income tax rate is 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Vedanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,100 trillion Edensias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,770 Edensias, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, warm coats are the hottest trend, and homophobia is off the menu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Vedan's national animal is the Rockbiter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lucernism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vedan agreed to construct embassies between Dark stars and Fredonia.
- : Vedan agreed to construct embassies between Dark stars and The Nationstates Senate.
- : Vedan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The United Kingdom of 33rd Catgirl Division dismissed Vedan as Lunar Councillor of The Mystical Council.
- : Vedan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Vedan, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Vedan, warm coats are the hottest trend.
- : Vedan was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Vedan, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Following new legislation in Vedan, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship.