“Baruk Khazākil! Ai-Mźnu!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Animal||Vektan Grizzly Bear|
The Empire of Vektes is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, hatred of cheese, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 13.58 billion Vektans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karkand. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vektan economy, worth a remarkable 1,378 trillion Imperial Kabāls a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,539 Imperial Kabāls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, and pet owners must make a payment if their charges leave a deposit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vektes's national animal is the Vektan Grizzly Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is TBD.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vektes was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Chickestan.
- : Vektes's influence in Geopolity rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, pet owners must make a payment if their charges leave a deposit.
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors.
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to.
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up.
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop.
- : Vektes was endorsed by Neu-australis.
- : Vektes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Vektes, Air Vektes tickets have reached sky-high prices due to a complete monopoly on air travel.