“Sic Transit Gloria”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The Coalition of Democratic Nations
|Leader||Prime Minister Dan Igawa|
The Commonwealth Realm of Vendoland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Dan Igawa with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.459 billion Vendolandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Randgriz. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Vendolandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,559 trillion Ven Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,332 Ven Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vendoland's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vendoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Vendoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Vendoland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Vendoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vendoland's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Vendoland's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Vendoland's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Vendoland's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vendoland's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Vendoland relocated from Osiris to The Coalition of Democratic Nations.