“Vrede van de zee”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Kingdom of Vloetia is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its public floggings, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 156 million Vloetians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 10.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Vloetian economy, worth 12.6 trillion Zeemerks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 80,474 Zeemerks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances. Crime is totally unknown. Vloetia's national animal is the Seagull.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, carbon-footprint restrictions are making businesses walk.
- : Vloetia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"".
- : Vloetia was endorsed by The Endorsement Frenzy of Francois Isidore.
- : Vloetia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Magnanimus.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, the Vloetia Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
- : Following new legislation in Vloetia, Leader is famed for giving great back rubs.
Endorsements Received: 101 » Territorio di Nessuno, Guer Aike, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Pazair, The Rhein States, Pallaith, Fizban, Lotion Empire, Troyskova, Shibutani, New Atlantico, Alunya, Prydania, Runeda, Yaorozu, Parmovand, Wodan, Ethnon, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Eravonia, Sockmanland, Valhalla123, Kaschovia, Koda-Land, Loutsland, Zumlandia, Vincone Cae, Miruma, Zyvetskistaahn, Sundred, Castle Federation, Ravendi, Federation Terra Australis, El Fiji Grande, Dabarastan, Babacar, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Aratani, United Anglo-America, Interdimensional Zone, Kranostav, New Bremerton, Empy, North Bratislava, Daiz, Anungu, and 51 others.Ponantine, Holy Oranz, Frances Francis the First of France, Religioncord, Siwale, Wineclaw, Orado, Viridiann, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, Black Templares, Gnomewatchers, Palgo, Abject Ludicrosity, The Iron Lions, Sil Dorsett, U S Eh, Steampunk Ariel, Aenglaland, The Tampa Bay Rays, Glurponia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, General COE, Amauri, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Vathnutum, Seenvorland, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, New Lakemba, Praeceps, Valentine Z, Fendlium, New Bismuthium, Volstokn, Vivanco, Wilkshire, Loli County, Malta Comino Gozo, Angshire, Ereena, New Avian, East Akra, Umuyyad, Serendipita Martia, Shadowrik, Cobleck Weleis, Puppets and Strings, Mazeoftime, Jasminlandia, Magnanimus, and Francois Isidore.