“Come. Be free.” Sayenko
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Socialist Republic of Volac is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Sayenko with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.563 billion Volacks are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Austeria. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Volacian economy, worth a remarkable 1,178 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 155,803 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest superhero movie features a caped Wolf with adamantium claws, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Volac's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secular.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Volac's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Volac's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Volac's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Volac altered its national flag.
- : Volac's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Volac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Volac was refounded in Osiris.
- : Volac ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Volac was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : Volac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.