“Man, some just want to watch your world burn”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Empire of Voltarian Dispatch Office is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 465 million Voltarian Dispatch Officeans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 54.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Voltarian Dispatch Officean economy, worth 4.06 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,727 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Voltarian Dispatch Office's national animal is the kitten.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office's influence in Voltarium rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Emperor of Vamperiall appointed Voltarian Dispatch Office as Voltarian Dispatch Office with authority over Appearance in Voltarium.
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office published "Voltarian Gazette Issue I" (Bulletin: News).
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office published "Voltarium Roleplay Rules" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office published "Voltarium Embassy Policy" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office published "Voltarium Constitution" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office published "The Voltarium Disptach" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office's influence in Voltarium rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office's influence in Voltarium rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Voltarian Dispatch Office's influence in Voltarium rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".