“God, Homeland, Liberty”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Federation of Vul Handa is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, devout population of 773 million Vul Handans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 63.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Vul Handan economy, worth 30.8 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Retail, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 39,821 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, the nation's soldiers often believe they're in the Air Force, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, and sprinters achieve their personal bests only when the Olympic Team recruiters come calling. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vul Handa's national animal is the eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vul Handa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Environmental Protections act".
- : Vul Handa was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Kuguar.
- : Vul Handa was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Land of Corporations.
- : Following new legislation in Vul Handa, sprinters achieve their personal bests only when the Olympic Team recruiters come calling.
- : Vul Handa submitted a proposal to the Security Council Commendation Board entitled "Commend The Alliance of Eros".
- : Vul Handa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promotion of Clean Energy"".
- : Vul Handa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Emergency Broadcasting Standards".
- : Vul Handa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Vul Handa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Paid Leave Act".
- : Vul Handa endorsed The Empire of Arcadiam.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Sandsepol, Bai Lung, Vuclen, Layngderfleethe, Elejamie, Wiranath, Gallisers, Albrook, BearStackof2015, Debluu, Adavan, Kalaratri, East Malaysia, Stellar Colonies, Kavanos, Shavara, The Death Syndicate, Pakitsk, Distro-Spartica, Tshana, Modra, Empire of Dabiristan, Rhealaliit, Drunken Seal Islands, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Aivintis, Danelaw Scandinavia, 3 14159265358979323846264, Lakon-oui, Upper Ellisse, Freedomindia, Lanagon, From New World, VW53Aland, Axdel, Volinovia, Hizuru, A mean old man, The Almighty Country, Zang0, ReeK, CheeseBurrito, A Slanted Black Stripe, Imperial Akatsuki, Roliganistan, The Solar Ottomans, Dravida India, Tofoon, Dryzia, Under Upper Antartica, and 30 others.Enlil, Veterans Association, Pekweng, Firenation91, Hokolokia, CopyCato, Zeiberland, New Leganes, Cellar Doors, Davinhia, Nereua, Auslivia, Brotherland, Slys Paws, Canadian Technocrats, Roissyland, Marrabuk, Eastern Alksearia, Lantros, Saint Richelieu, Pirnovo, Wallenburg, Brethren, Spiruvania, Talakra, Grossvietnam, Arcadiam, Edwardsport, Land of Corporations, and Kuguar.