“To go forwards, one sometimes has to go sidewards” Sitethief
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the Pacific
The Holy Red Democracy of Vylixan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Sitethief with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.226 billion Vylixanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lynxa City. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vylixanian economy, worth 301 trillion Xanvylis a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,394 Xanvylis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, and recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vylixan's national animal is the Naxilyv monster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Vylixan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Vylixan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Vylixan, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Vylixan was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".