“People say the world is made for fun and laughter...”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Liberal Lassitude of Wabberjocky is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.18 billion Wabberjockyians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carrollia. The average income tax rate is 77.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Wabberjockyian economy, worth 169 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales. Average income is 40,635 Pebbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Wabberjocky in an international press conference, a five-year-old and a convicted terrorist can sit alongside one another in jury service, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Wabberjocky after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wabberjocky's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Syria rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Wabberjocky was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Wabberjocky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Saint of Joan dArc.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The West Pacific to Syria.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The North Pacific to The West Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from The Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky relocated from Shinka to The Pacific.
- : Wabberjocky's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Wabberjocky endorsed The Commonwealth of -Rainier.
Endorsements Received: None.