|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Waldenes is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.087 billion Waldenesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High Walden. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Waldenesian economy, worth 106 trillion Cruts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is 97,651 Cruts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace', school lockers are filled with fancy underwear, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and mandatory updates on software drivers often bring life to a halt. Crime is totally unknown. Waldenes's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 10% for Largest Governments.
- : Waldenes was endorsed by The Federation of Republic of Berzerkistan.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Waldenes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, mandatory updates on software drivers often bring life to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Waldenes, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Zukchiva, Marrabuk, Asendavia, H-Zhena, Elejamie, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Evrigenis, Ridann, Eagas, Wizardonia, New Leganes, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Talitoa, Headpat Central, Unger under over, Harro Waarudho, Bzux, Tretrid, Axdel, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Lingu, Chria Deau, Adavan, Federated States of Zootron, Iodinia, Kriov, A Slanted Black Stripe, Adioration, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Roissyland, Mays Austrian Nation, Rainbow Vests, The Eternal Land of Jong, Kelssek, BearStackof2015, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Urimel, Staynes, BuciLand, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Kagorg Bra Corna, Survivoristan, La xinga, Technocratic Tagalog, and 8 others.Nevertopia, Ephem, Modra, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, and Republic of Berzerkistan.