“Follow my path, and you shall see my light.” The Eternal Leader Alex Malico
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
|Leader||The Eternal Leader Alex Malico|
The People's Republic of Walrusko is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Eternal Leader Alex Malico with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, compulsory military service, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.588 billion Walruskans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malico City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Walruskan economy, worth a remarkable 1,796 trillion Tusks a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 154,990 Tusks, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Eternal Leader Alex Malico affectionately nicknames supporters by number, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, citizens try to pass off bottlecaps they found in their backyards as historical artifacts, and Scout campfire sing-a-longs tend to focus on the evils of antitrust legislation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Walrusko's national animal is the Walrus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Walrudism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Walrusko lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Walrusko's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Walrusko, Scout campfire sing-a-longs tend to focus on the evils of antitrust legislation.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Walrusko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens and Longest Average Lifespans.