“Speak softly, and carry a big stick”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Federation of Wanabe is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Papewaio with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, vat-grown people, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 5.235 billion Wanabeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. The average income tax rate is 11.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Wanabean economy, worth 968 trillion talegoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 184,974 talegoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's diplomats shake hands with those whose hands are drenched in the blood of innocents, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, and supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale. Crime is totally unknown. Wanabe's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, the nation's diplomats shake hands with those whose hands are drenched in the blood of innocents.
- : Wanabe endorsed The Free Land of Hedonistica.
- : Wanabe was endorsed by The Free Land of Hedonistica.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Following new legislation in Wanabe, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office.
Endorsements Received: 69 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Roissyland, Todd McCloud, Aelitia, Bachtendekuppen, Asendavia, Brotherland, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Xhaco, ReeK, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Wendelandia, Kangarawa, Fedele, Wiranath, CopyCato, Mastariere, Ver Norge, Someseni, Bacon Land, Peryn, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Amansteria, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, Verketa, British Calradia, Squid Ruinosa, The Happian Union, Eagas, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Davelands, Neruch, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Romanum Legio, The Angel of Charity, United China Nation, Janoobi Jazair, Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, BearStackof2015, Justice-Becoming, CheeseBurrito, Funkadelia, and 19 others.Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, Quark Unit, Arpino, Libertanny, Escade, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, Kingdom of Pars, Marrabuk, Pekweng, Lerasi, Mossy-Oak, Stanisiti, La xinga, Commodore Badger, and Hedonistica.