“Government is Good”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Very Big Island of Wanga is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack Straightcow with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.46 billion Wangans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Twanga. The average income tax rate is 53.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wangan economy, worth 376 trillion Bjdbidoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 153,079 Bjdbidoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, sleeping on the job is recommended, and Wangan novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Jack Straightcow. Crime is totally unknown. Wanga's national animal is the Echidna, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wanga was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Alopecia Totalis.
- : Wanga's influence in Lazarus rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Wanga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, Wangan novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Jack Straightcow.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Wanga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, government buildings are being cleansed of anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Following new legislation in Wanga, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Wangans.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Lingord, Treadwellia, Denado, Perchan, New Rogernomics, The Sigometh Dynasty, Mainze, Port Flynt, Courlany, Aflana, Shangri-La Valley, Marcellinople, Thetopia, Kan Po, Hycronesia, Lusitland, Roridat, Serlanda, Arnasas, Guiness Freaks, Fissure Town, NoDrugCrimeTown, Mornangren, Neo-Cambria, Your Imaginary Friend, Leonism, SVR2200, Tymus, Andyr, Kamikaze89, Yocat, and Alopecia Totalis.