“Hearts and minds will not be dictated; Prevail in love”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Joyous Federation of Wat Blum is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.569 billion Waters are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Blumie economy, worth a remarkable 1,604 trillion blumes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 187,280 blumes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Economic planning is exalted as a human art form, Wat Blum is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, and the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose. Crime is totally unknown. Wat Blum's national animal is the warbler, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wat Blum's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wat Blum altered its national flag.
- : Wat Blum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Wat Blum's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wat Blum's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wat Blum's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wat Blum was refounded in Balder.
- : Wat Blum ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Wat Blum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Wat Blum was endorsed by Psychological care.