|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Colony of Weatherly is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.756 billion Weatherlyians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 88.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Weatherlyian economy, worth 192 trillion marks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,682 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts, it's best not to ask what goes into Weatherly City Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, and Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weatherly's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weatherly's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Weatherly was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Weatherly was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Weatherly was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherly, Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherly, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherly, it's best not to ask what goes into Weatherly City Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherly, the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherly, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Weatherly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 63 » The National Corporation, Erinor, Beepee, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Anachronolandia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aywhyou, Tsunamy, Farengeto, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Moreana, Aumeltopia, Cuuldere, Techganet, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Auphelia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, The Solar System Scope, Quiescent, Nankyoku Tairiku, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Akindom, Ostanasia, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, Aveerya, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Agalaesia, Qvait, Dasko, Hanguk-Nippon, Ariankido, State of Iowa, Jennaterra, Aurcania, New Briantown, Ketathinamiri Islands, and 13 others.Sesteran, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Paranoia, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.