|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Kingdom of Webvania is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Leader Webb with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.094 billion Webvanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Webvania City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.9%.
The strong Webvanian economy, worth 88.4 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 80,835 Crowns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 230,124 per year while the poor average 22,655, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, and homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Webvania's national animal is the Arachnid, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Empire of Great Robertia.
- : Webvania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of The Notorious Mad Jack.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Webvania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Webvania was endorsed by The Republic of Destructive Government Endorsing System.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- : Following new legislation in Webvania, big game hunters travel to Webvania to try their hand at shark-shooting.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, Zokk, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Loutsland, Princely Irbis, Test for a new hope, Bearical, Koda-Land, Siwale, Sockmanland, Sundred, Yaorozu, Valhalla123, Daiz, Sil Dorsett, Corfad, Pallaith, Xzavia-Hjar, Guer Aike, Ethnon, Kwaj, Omnistria, New Bremerton, Great Javadwipa, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Zumlandia, Spartoptia, Holy Oranz, Federation Terra Australis, Trillius, Dreadton, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Tampa Bay Rays, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, North Bratislava, Sheldanada, Wilkshire, Nouvelle Libertalia, Wineclaw, and 28 others.Elder Realms, Duerrlewang, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, Victoriaans Nederlands, Some Random TNP Nation, Grimandia, Cuyan, New Octicarg, Quebekistand, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Torakuen, Shadowrik, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Glurponia, Abject Ludicrosity, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Juggernautilus, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Destructive Government Endorsing System, The Notorious Mad Jack, and Great Robertia.