“Man, some just want to watch your world burn”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Azunan Empire of Wecrein is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.436 billion Azunans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wecrein City. The average income tax rate is 44.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Wecreinian economy, worth 61.4 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 25,199 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Leader has just been declared ruler of Wecrein in an international press conference, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, throwing a sickie is a serious crime, and sniffer dogs are trained to follow clouds of fruity-smelling vapor. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wecrein's national animal is the kitten, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wecrein's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Wecrein's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Wecrein's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Wecrein's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Wecrein was refounded in Balder.
- : Wecrein ceased to exist in Ironbeard Lands.
- : Wecrein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Wecrein's influence in Ironbeard Lands rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Wecrein's influence in Ironbeard Lands rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Wecrein's influence in Ironbeard Lands fell from "Superpower" to "Power".