“Wise and fair”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Weldann is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 320 million Weldanners are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 48.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Weldannian economy, worth 15.8 trillion argents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 49,349 argents, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, and graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weldann's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Weldann's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Republic of Jennaterra.
- : Weldann was endorsed by The Federation of The Tecorogan Federation.
- : Weldann was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Linguiniland, Aumeltopia, The Filippinas, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Abarri, Ariankido, Aidenfieeld, Anachronolandia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Erinor, Tsunamy, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Skeldonya, Tsvetania, Farengeto, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, Quiescent, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Jennaterra, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Sedunn, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.