“The prince for the people and the people for the princi”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Principality of Werband is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 211 million Werbandians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, International Aid, and Education. The average income tax rate is 19.5%.
The Werbandian economy, worth 13.9 trillion Werbis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 65,811 Werbis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Most pop videos prominently feature the Werbandian flag, the Ministry of Truthiness now manages the entire media industry, Werbandian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, and the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally. Crime is well under control. Werband's national animal is the Aguila, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Werband was endorsed by The Corrupt Military Aristocracy of German Federal Reich.
- : Werband's influence in Abydos rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Werband was endorsed by The Queendom of Millit Islands.
- : Werband was endorsed by The Colony of Lars Umlaut.
- : Following new legislation in Werband, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally.
- : Following new legislation in Werband, Werbandian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Werband, the Ministry of Truthiness now manages the entire media industry.
- : Werband was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Werband, most pop videos prominently feature the Werbandian flag.
- : Werband published "Breaking News, Werband Is dead" (Bulletin: News).