“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Democratic Republic of West Bridgeport is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 306 million West Bridgeportians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, with Welfare, Education, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. The average income tax rate is 9.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming West Bridgeportian economy, worth 28.2 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Retail. Average income is 92,137 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, in distant lands the nation is known as a lovely place that was even better in the good old days, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, and crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence. Crime is relatively low. West Bridgeport's national animal is the cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Bridgeport was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Slacker Ville.
- : West Bridgeport was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : West Bridgeport was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : West Bridgeport was endorsed by The Allied States of Bergenu.
- : Following new legislation in West Bridgeport, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence.
- : West Bridgeport endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire.
- : West Bridgeport was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire.
- : West Bridgeport voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : West Bridgeport endorsed The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : West Bridgeport was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Upper Tyrconnel, Wehraboos, Erinor, Barabarom, Hanguk-Nippon, Anachronolandia, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Aumeltopia, Luddinlande, Linguiniland, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Omiri, Sedunn, Sesteran, Tsunamy, Qawe, Xandev, Ariankido, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Kiasu-ism, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, The Filippinas, Theorin, Japanese Federal Republic, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Spearos, Fasire, Farengeto, Jehenna, Qvait, Mapico, Aurcania, Curlyhoward, The Two Jerseys, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Los Lonley Boys, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, World United, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, Unielvan Millorvium, Southern Numenor, Ufask, Drystar, Nothanksbutseriously, and 9 others.West Carlisten, Paranoia, Abarri, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Bergenu, and Slacker Ville.