“Potius enim de Greater”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
|Capital||Costal Esung City|
|Leader||Executive President Fitz Daly|
The Democratic Federal Republic of West Esung is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Executive President Fitz Daly with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed population of 3.632 billion West Esunians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Costal Esung City. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient West Esunian economy, worth 481 trillion Bytesungs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 132,517 Bytesungs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
War vets look after war animals, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and practising saying 'how now brown cow' is an essential part of holiday planning. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Esung's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Esung's influence in RGBN fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : West Esung's influence in RGBN rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : West Esung was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : West Esung was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in West Esung, practising saying 'how now brown cow' is an essential part of holiday planning.
- : Following new legislation in West Esung, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in West Esung, gun-wielding criminals always wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- : Following new legislation in West Esung, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in West Esung, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests.
- : West Esung voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
Endorsements Received: None.